Monday, December 20, 2004

Daily Chess Challenge Project

For the past two years I've been looking for one of those page-a-day calendars for chess without any luck. (In case you're not familiar with page-a-day calendars, they are those little calendars that sit on your desk with a different cartoon or saying each day. )

I used to be able to find the page-a-day for chess puzzles and I just loved them. Each day I would sit down in my cube, turn on my computer, and study the new day's chess challenge while my PC booted up.

Many times, I wouldn't be able to figure out the solution to the chess puzzle right away, so I'd go back to studying it throughout the day. I absolutely loved my daily chess challenge.

Then about three years ago, they stopped making them. I've searched everywhere - the web, the calendar stores, Barnes & Noble. And I've been bummed about it ever since.

So about a month ago, I got to thinking that I could build a daily chess challenge website for people like myself who miss having the chess puzzle calendars. The first version of the site is completed and it can be found at http://www.balestris.com/chess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home