Thursday, December 30, 2004

The Magic of Google

Once again I have experienced the magic of Google.

Yesterday I created an Adwords campaign for my Daily Chess Challenge website. Google makes it extremely easy to do (their user interface is impressively clear and concise).

I drafted a simple “advertisement” and then selected about ten keywords that I thought might fit. I then used Google’s Keyword Tool to add 370 more keywords. I set my daily budget limit to $2.00 and defined that I’d pay five cents a click.

Done.

Less than 24 hours later, I’ve received 35 clicks on my ad, and have signed up 11 new subscribers. Now using baseball statistical mentality, 11 subscribers per half day extrapolated means I’ll have 8,030 subscribers in a year.

It’s extremely doubtful that I’ll have 8,000 new subscribers a year from now, but it’s fun to think about it.

But then again...I’ve got Google on my side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home